Today I will be spoiled by my family. I will take traditional Mother's Day photos with each of my children. I will hear great talks about motherhood at church, and I will call my own Mother and Mother-in-law to tell them how much I love them.
I'm suppose to be in bed asleep right now, the family is making me breakfast in bed this morning. But, ever since I started morning yoga a couple of months ago, I'm awake very early every morning. So, I'm writing instead.
Soren snuck in and snuggled with me for a minute. I was asking him about his life. "Who are your best friends?" Matthew, Haley, Daddy and you (melt my heart). "What is your favorite color?" Red with polka dots. Love this boy.
I'm grateful we have laughter in our home. We don't have a perfect family, but they are really awesome kiddos and I feel very fortunate that I get to mother them. I'm grateful I made the leap of faith to have 5. It works for me. It isn't for everyone, but it's been one of the greatest blessings in my life. It's chaotic at times. We have to get two hotel rooms whenever we travel. We have to buy 7 airline tickets. I drive a minivan. My grocery bill is insanely high. I do a minimum of 10 loads of laundry every week. I put an order in every month for t-shirts, socks, shorts/pants, underwear, and pokeman cards. I go through one box of cereal daily. I find socks all over the house. I own a leopard gecko, and once I even owned a snake.
I have 5 people who love me unconditionally (ok, 6 with d-man). I have six people who tell me daily that they love me. (I especially love Eden's "I love you so much mommy") I have six people who make me smile and keep me grounded. I have six people I get to share my life with. Five people I get to call my children. I have 6 people who have my back. I'm the luckiest. So blessed. My cup runneth over. This alone is enough.
Happy Mother's Day to the women who teach me by their example of womanhood. You have no idea how grateful I am for each one of you!
xo
K
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wish we were closer so our kids could play Pokemon!
wow! this sounds quite familiar! we even have a leopard gecko. too funny.
Post a Comment