Monday, May 21, 2012

Cub Scouting, at last!

It's no wonder that I would eventually be asked to be a cub scout leader in our church.  Having four boys makes that inevitable.  Here I am at my first pack meeting as a leader, and Eli's first pack meeting too....
We had to come up us as a family (those present) and pledge to support Eli in scouting.
I have to admit that my feelings about scouting have evolved.  I now really like the program, but when Noah started years ago, I wasn't sure about it.  It's a bit overwhelming, sometimes unorganized, confusing, etc.  But now....I've gained a testimony of scouting.  As cheesy as that sounds, it's true...I love scouting!

Observations about scouting:
1. It's chaotic and crazy.
2.  The boys LOVE it.  So fascinating to me.
3.  Some families are scouting over- achievers.
4.  The cub scout cheers are such an interesting component...bacon sizzling, really?
5.  Pack meeting should be kept to an hour (way to go Sister E, our cub master!)
6.  I look good in khaki.

Best part, I get to work with Eli, the deprive middle child.  Maybe this will prevent him from needing counseling later..the quality time.


No comments: