Friday, May 18, 2012

Am I soaking up every moment?

Yes...since I have one shot at the daughter thing, I love every moment I get to dress her, do her hair, and buy girl toys.  It's true.  Tonight, as the boys are all away, she looks up at me and says, "Mom, you're a girl, and I'm a girl."  Yes, my darling, yes indeed.

There is nothing in the world that I would trade for any of my children.   I'm just in awe with how much I love each of them...it's definitely meant to be.  Having a girl after four boys is almost like having my first child again...seeing how she differs from her brothers.  I love how she refers them as "The Boys" and plays with light sabers and does a karate pose upon request, and then wears a tutu and her favorite color is pink.  I often wonder, "What would it be like to have 4 older brothers, and be the only girl?" I can at least say this, "She is loved!"

1 comment:

Maelyn said...

This is the cutest picture EVER. This should be enlarged and put in your entry way! I am dying over the smile, the blonde hair and the blue dress. My uterus just got a cramp.