--Being with Theresa and Liz, the other two leaders from our ward.
--Eating an omelette out of a bag. (You put all of your ingredients in a zip lock and then put it in boiling water---YUM!)
--The young women are so fun to be with. We laugh, joke and feel the spirit all at the same time. I did have to be a bit bossy, but as you probably guess, I don't mind that either!
--Being in the mountains. I really love being out in nature. That area of New Mexico is so beautiful, with gorgeous meadows, rivers and streams, trees, mist, and clear night skies full of stars.
--Sitting around a camp fire. I love smelling like a camp fire....at least for a couple days.
--Hiking. Yes, I was able to go on a long hike with the 3rd year girls. We made it to the nob of the mountain. The view was wonderful, and worth every step. I was really happy that I could keep up with 14 year old girls.
--Having Derek come up Friday night for testimony meeting. This is definitely one perk of Derek being bishop. I loved that he could share part of this experience with me.
--Not having kids up there. (Ok...I missed them, but I knew they were well taken care of, thanks to Grandma L)
--Using the walkie-talkie from car to car.
On the drive up and back we had a great, silly time talking to each other via walkie-talkie. I love how goofy a bunch of ladies can be.
--Really, the highlight of this experience is seeing young women feel the spirit and strengthen their relationship with our Heavenly Father. Also, they bond with other people who believe what they believe. I'm so happy I got to be part of this.
Here are just a few pictures from the weekend:
Liz, me, Theresa
Nicole, me, Erin on the 3rd year hike.
All our girls.

3 comments:
Aw thanks I loved being with you too!
Those are great photos, Kristine! I loved! Girls' Camp when I was young. But where I was, wasn't nearly as cold!
Looks like you had fun!
I loved seeing the pictures from camp and it sounds like you had a great time even if your bossy genes were necessary at times (that's actually something I really like about you). Also you are the perfect person to go because you truly enjoy the outdoors and don't mind smelling like camp fire for a couple days. Please tell me you do still get grossed out by the black snot, though? That's half the reason I hate camping. The girls were lucky to have you, Liz and Theresa there with them and I love that you even got a shout-out in sac mtg the next day!
Post a Comment