Friday, June 13, 2008

Cherries for Sale!


After three years of living in our home, nature provided us with our largest harvest of cherries.  The kids watched with amazement as the cherries grew more red.  They also would wake up every morning and scream at the birds as they started eating OUR cherries.  One time, I left N and G at home to protect the tree as I ran to Lowes to get netting to put on some of the branches.  They stood their post well, and protected our precious tree from those nasty predators.  Take a look at what I'm taking about:Picking them was so fun.  When the time was right, and when the birds seemed like they were going to devour everything, we went to work. (Notice Eli's pants...that is how they always are.  People will say, "Your sons pants are falling off"  and I say, "Yeah, oh well."





It is so satisfying to see 3 full bowls of cherries that we grew right in our own backyard.  


Of course, being that I live in a home of entrepreneurs, we  sold them as well.  Cherries and Lemonade.  The kids made $10 in 1 hour.  Not too bad.



1 comment:

Claire said...

Kristine! I had no idea you were still blogging! I put all the blogs I read on Google Reader (check it out if you haven't already; it's wonderful!) and I thought that I had put yours on there so I could get updates when you posted, but apparently that was not the case and I am really sorry for not reading and commenting, especially since you're so good about commenting on mine (online or in person). Anyhow I now officially have your blog on my Reader so I'll keep more up to date. We missed you on the run this morning. Oh, and those cherries look awesome. Stupid birds wanting to eat them! Also I am always a big fan of Eli's pants and think they are hilarious. Ka-ching! At least he always has a lot of ventilation going on down there.