My two oldest kids are gone to a REAL summer camp for a week. Derek and I can't believe how easy three kids are. That doesn't mean we think three would have been enough, but it is sort of fun to revert back to the old days when we did only have three. Don't worry...I'll be ready for five again in a couple of days.
So...about summer camp...I am worried about them. Do you think I'm crazy to send two kids under that age of 12 to camp? I guess it just seems so cool to be able to go to a fun, full week camp...like in Parent Trap, when the twin sisters meet for the first time at camp...ok, really...I have no secret children.
Eli is the oldest in the house for the week and he feels honored to carry that title. We are trying to play it up. He gets to stay up, he gets to have friends over everyday, and he gets to be the boss of the swimming pool. Eli is a cool kid.
As for the inspiration...my life has done a major slow down this week...it makes me realize how important it is to keep life simple, and full of things that will matter to me eternally.
And, I just finished reading the book The Help. Awesome book, I will be thinking about it for many days to come. I haven't read that moving of a book in a long, long time. If you haven't read it, you really should. It is that good.
OK..other random thoughts:
*Toy Story 3 made me laugh for 4 days now. And, that says a lot since movies don't usually make me do that.
*I really like the movie Letters to Juliet...I want to see it again.
*Why is going to Girls Camp still so much fun? Even as a leader. I feel lucky to have been able to go.
And, just to make you laugh and to prove that life is ever exciting at our home:
Eden delighted that she figured out how to use my lipstick:
Soren experimenting on various art forms:

4 comments:
I LOVED THE HELP!!!!
You are just the best, Kristine. I'm already missing you! And that's saying a lot since I haven't really slowed down to realize I don't yet have many friends here... Love Soren's artwork--too funny!
I have "The Help" as we are reading it for book group - though this week has been so CRAZY I haven't gotten to it yet. Thanks for your opinion - now I'm excited to read!
2 things - Girls camp - thought I'd hate it, but it WAS fun (however, I think being a break from the kids was a HUGE part of the fun!) The Help - stayed up late last night reading to the end, and I want to start over. Crazy good! - aim
Post a Comment