So, if you do check on my blog, then you know it's been awhile since I posted anything. I even went private for 2 days, then went un-private. Anyhow...I'm back for now. It's funny...I go through ethical struggles with blogging all of the time.
Not about your blogs, but about my own. I'm sort of a private person....not completely, but sort of...and let's admit it...blogging is sort of a silly thing.
Here are the reasons why I like blogging:
1. Easy to keep in touch with close friends and family.
2. A place for me to say what I think...a place I call my own.
3. A great way to peek into other people's lives (even people I don't know...I admit it....I like to sneak to friends of friends blogs sometimes)
4. A fun way to document my life.
5. If I feel like reading a blog I can go to it, if I don't want to read a blog it doesn't come to me. It's a choice I make with one click of the mouse.
And this is why I think blogging is sort of silly:
1. Commenting...even I am guilty of checking to see if people left me a comment. Very. very. silly.
2. It's bragging grounds for life and family. Not saying it's terrible, but it is true.
3. It can be such a time waster. so. much. time.
4. When I read other people's blogs I'm either completely inspired, or I feel totally lame. Can't explain why. Is there such thing as blog competition?
5. And of course, there is the whole thing about strangers looking at my blog, but that can be solved by going private. Which...who knows, maybe I will.
Well, those are my random thoughts on the topic. And, I came up with the list in 5 minutes, so it may not be complete. I already feel better. Thanks for reading, or not reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I agree with lots of what you said! I have this thing in the back of my head that says I have to blog everything - it's our family journal. I'm pretty sure we'd be just fine if I left some stuff out - I just can't. :) Even if I have to blog about it MONTHS later - I have a disease!
I'm glad to see something new from you! If you go private let me know- I love to keep tabs on you and yours. :)
i hear you. all of it. i like to look at it as online journaling. i don't like scrapbooking and it takes sooooooooooo much time. but blogs are fast, efficient and when i'm feeling down...i scroll through my posts and feel so blessed by the life i'm blessed with. that's my 2 cents. for now.
Kristine - I love your blog - don't stop. You are one of the ones that always makes me smile and feel good. You are amazing woman! Miss you tons. - aim
Post a Comment