Monday:
Practice Music
Math 15 minutes
Typing Practice 15 minutes
Read for 30 minutes
Tuesday:
Practice Music
Geography 20 minutes
Read 30 minutes
Wednesday:
Practice Music
Math 15 minutes
Typing practice 15 minutes
Read 30 minutes
Thursday:
Practice Music
Geography 20 minutes
Read 30 minutes
Friday:
Practice Music
Math 15 Minutes
Journal Jar
Read 30 Minutes
I have tried many things in the past. Instead of buying workbooks this year, I decided to try to do as much as possible on the internet. Here are the websites we use:
Math: https://www.everydaymathonline.com/ (this is the program they use at school, so we have a student password)
Typing Practice: http://www.freetypinggame.net/default.asp
I made a journal jar full of questions. Each Friday, they pull a question out of the jar, write about it, edit what they wrote and then rewrite it. We then put it in a journal folder so they can keep it forever.
I'm telling you this so that you can use the websites too...and so that you will pass along things that work for you in the summertime. Some other things that have worked for me in the past: science club with friends (we took turns hosting and doing science experiments), daily math drills and art club. I think I might add cooking this year. I just bought an awesome Star Wars cookbook...thought the boys would enjoy it!!
Please don't be fooled...this schedule allows us a lot of flexibility due to the fact that we keep pretty busy with swim lessons/team, cub scout camp, basketball camp, and a couple weeks of tennis lessons. And, quite frankly, I'm sometimes just a lazy mom who doesn't make my kids always do their work. We take it a day at a time at our house.

6 comments:
Fabulous ideas Kristine! I will be doing the journal idea and will check out the geography website. I bought an old Where in the US is Carmen Sandiago at a garage sale that will be brought out this summer.
I love your ideas! I'm going to try to keep the kids busy, too, with constructive stuff, but we're also moving...geesh, when does it ever settle down? Oh yeah, retirement. :)
Great ideas! What a great mom you are! I need to stash this for when my kiddos get older...
Hey, cool ideas. Thanks for sharing. I've been really random and unstructured so far this summer. We should pull it together. I love the journal idea too, and I think I'll check out those websites you shared.
Thanks for sharing! I just have to say... I miss you! I can't believe how long it's been since you've lived here! Do you realize how much fun our boys and girls would have together! Come back! :)
geeze this is awesome!!! Thank you!
Post a Comment