2. I'm 33...just had a birthday on the 22...yes, both are divisible by 11 (good thing that math degree comes in useful every once in awhile!) I don't mind getting older. I keep waiting for the birthday that I dread...the one that I start to feel old. It hasn't happened yet. I'll keep you posted.
3. I'm trying to be grateful for what I have. And, at the same time, I'm trying really hard to not want more. I happen to be married to one of the most humble, non-wordly people I know. Seriously...Derek is so generous and good. Not sure how he fell in love with me, but he did, and there is no getting out of it now. He has a gift of seeing the best in people and wanting to give to those who have less. I often joke that he would give our home away if I let him...and, I really think he would.
4. What do you think it means to be "wordly". The gospel of Jesus Christ teaches us to give to the poor, to live within our means and to not be "wordly". The scriptures teach that a rich man will have a more difficult time getting into heaven. Does wealth blind us to what is really important?
5. I love the RAIN. I also love the sunshine, but since we see so much of it, I appreciate a rainy day. When we lived in Japan it would pour rain for days. I had never seen so much rain in all my life. I was happy to see the sun. Funny how my perspective has changed.
6. I listened to a talk recently by Elder Bednar, an apostle in our church. He was speaking to the young single adults about distractions in their life. It's not that the distractions themselves are bad, but that they keep us from things that are better. My distractions include the computer, books, and sleep....I think I'll work on that.
7. I need to start running again. Send some motivation my way please.
8. I love my friends. Seriously. There are so many people who care for me and love me. I feel so lucky.
9. Why isn't there a mother's day twice a year?
10. Why is my son running around with no diaper?

5 comments:
I love your thoughts Kristine. These are things that have been on my mind, too. Especially about the worldly things and putting too much emphasis on distractions. It's our time to prepare to meet God isn't it? I have to remind myself that when the three kids are going to drive me to drink, the three callings are unnervingly stressful, and the algebra class demands perfection! I'm sorry, but Algebra is just wrong. ;) Love you and your friendship and wisdom. Have a blessed day! :)
Go running for me! It will be a long time before I'm back out there, so go enjoy for me. BTW, you are a wonderful mother--and I hope you had a fabulous birthday!
isn't sleep a NECESSARY distraction?!!!:)
Don't worry...I look at your blog every once in awhile too! You're awesome.
Ahhh, sleep. I can't remember what that is... if you get to have some, don't feel guilty. I love to be able to visit your blog -- you have such wonderful thoughts. It makes me reflect! Thank you!
Post a Comment