Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sometimes Miracles Happen in our Home

April 1, 6:30 am:  I'm tired, had a long night with baby, looked at my clock and wanted with all my heart to close my eyes and go back to sleep.  I knew I couldn't....he only turns five once...get up Kristine!  So...it happened...I found the energy needed to pull my tired self out of bed and make my five year old breakfast in bed.  This was a miracle.  Sometimes being a fun mom takes every single ounce of motivation that I can find, and then some.  Do you think my kids know that?  Do you think they suspect that sometimes traditions are hard work?  Was it worth it...absolutely!  Will I do it again...yes, yes I will.  

In addition to having a b-day on April Fool's Day, Elias was also born in Japan.  So when he is asked to share something interesting about himself...well, there you go.   I'm so sad that he will be heading to kindergarten next year.  He has become my little companion...often right by my side.  He has matured so much this year which is also a miracle.  Way to go Eli!



A week and half after his b-day, we had a party.  That was also a miracle...I planned it in two days.  And, it was so much fun.  Each child had to get on board the space shuttle to go to different stations so that they could be trained to become astronauts. Not too bad for two days of planning.


























The Asteroid Belt--the spaceship had to fly through this...we had fun making it, and popping all the balloons after.

3 comments:

Amber said...

You are a fun mom and your kids may not realize how much work it is now, but they will someday.

Jocelyn said...

Kacie and Tyler had so much fun at the birthday party. Thank you for thinking of them. You are an amazing mom.

Karen Mills said...

Barley saw me reading this blog, recognized Eli and asked if we could go visit.

He does love that guy. Still.