We spent Thanksgiving with the WHOLE Lines' Gang in Philadelphia this year. We all stayed in Farrell and Rebecca's beautiful home in South Philly. They have a nice contemporary taste in decorating....their home is magazine worthy. We were delighted to finally be able to see it. We loved being with family! We have so much fun together and are so grateful to be related to some of the finest people on earth. Here are a few of our outings from the week:
Seeing the Nathan Sawaya exhibit (a famous lego artist):
Derek joined Farrell, Wing and Tony to go see an Eagles game on Thanksgiving Evening. He came home from the game so excited! This may be one of the only times in his life that he is able to attend a professional football game.
We saw Scuba-Santa at the Philadelphia Aquarium...yes, it was a bit strange, but made us laugh! (Yes...it is real...a real, human, scuba-santa)
Enjoying the view from the aquarium---downtown Philly from across the Delaware River
Outside Independence Hall:
Valley Forge--the boys had a good time playing with their toy guns and battling in the huge fields that are part of Valley Forge. It is so beautiful there.
Liberty Bell
We have been preparing for this trip for months. N and G both memorized the first 11 presidents of the U.S. and the preamble to the Constitution. I was so proud of both of them for working hard. They were able to display their knowledge on Thanksgiving Day when the family all shared poems, songs, or stories about America, Thanksgiving and even a skeleton that was found in the basement (SCARY). This year, we were so thankful to be in Philadelphia with family and to be able to see places that have so much meaning for our nation. It was a great trip.

3 comments:
Sweet trip! The Lego exhibit looks cool and I love the Valley Forge pictures. George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson....cool they got them all memorized!
Kristine, I was so excited to see your trip photos. I love historical family vacays! Have you and Derek seen John Adams, the miniseries or read the book that the series is based on? Amazing!!! I was on a George Washington kick before and after my trip to Mt. Vernon last year that eventually led to John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. History is so much cooler as a kid and a grown up when you can see it. And you look adorable too preggo!
Amber
I am thankful for Philly too. I spent over two enjoyable years there and have many, many rich memories of the City of Brotherly Love. Glad to see you are all well. I miss you guys and our wonderful Bear Canyon Ward. Hope you have a wonderful Holidays Season! Best wishes for 2009.
Post a Comment