Monday, July 16, 2012

Badlands and Wall, SD

I loved visiting the Badlands National Park.  It looks like it should belong in Southern Utah, but instead these glorious rock formations are stuck in the middle of the gorgeous green hills of South Dakota.  Such a sight.
The Green Grasslands leading up to the Badlands.


I love the mixture of green/rock.  I could have stared forever.


The Badlands....
This picture does not capture how scary it was for N and G to climb out on this cliff.  I was terrified and was sure that if Derek were with me, he would not approve.  


And, we would have been crazy to not stop at Wall, SD that houses a famous drug store called no other than Wall Drug.  It is most famous for the animated T. Rex that comes to live every ten minutes.  Eden was beyond terrified, and even watching this video of it, she keeps saying, "That dinosaur cannot get out!"  We enjoyed a nice country lunch and even grabbed us a bag of fools gold.  What can I say, I'm bit obsessed with small town America.






No comments: