Monday, June 18, 2012

Stop #1, The Farm

A.K.A. Aunt Alicia's house....
After being at the farm for only a couple of hours Eli said, "I wish this was our house."  It's like a kids paradise.  Chickens to chase, beehives, tons of trees to climb, huge vegetable gardens, a haunted barn, a trampoline, a zip line, a tree house, a dog and a cat, pet snakes, turtles, Egyptian beetles, a hedge hog, leopard geckos, homemade watermelon ice cream and homemade root beer, and even a movie projected to a screen outside.  I wanted to stay too.

Gabe chasing the chickens.  More time than I want to admit was spent doing this.  Sometimes, they were chased by the rooster. That was funny too.
Cousin L showing Eden how easy it is to hold a chicken.


Eli taking a little rest in the hammock.  Every house should have a hammock.  Eden giving him a gentle swing.

The tree house. Stage 1.  Apparently, there are more stages to be built.

The zip line.  Completely jealous of this.  I want one of these in my backyard.

Enjoying a outdoor movie in the Colorado air.

1 comment:

McEntire Family said...

Oh, how I wish for a life like that for my kids. I was only home in Idaho for 31 hours when we took our kids up there and I was homesick the moment we left. Summers are so different when you live where there is space!