You may have noticed that much of my blogging has been about my baby this last year. I guess it's just been on my mind.
Well...in just three short weeks my baby is turning 1. My sweet, little baby girl will be 1....one whole year. How does that happen so quickly???
I've been thinking back on this past year....I think for the most part, I've really made an effort to savor every moment...except this last month has been a blur...but I'm focused again...savoring the moments. What a fun year it has been.
I will never forget the day that we really saw each other...
One of the greatest blessings I've enjoyed about nursing is the quality time I've had to stare at my children...8-12 times a day when they are newborns. Those are priceless moments...magical. Eden must have been a few weeks old. She had a full tummy, was wide eyed and looking at me. Our eyes found each other...we looked, both of us very intently at each other. I felt us connect. I mean really connect. It was as if her sweet spirit was communicating to me through her eyes. She was saying, "I'm your daughter" and I was saying (aloud actually), "Hey darling, I'm your mom."
And that's a bond nobody can break.

1 comment:
Oh, I love it when you blog Kristine. I can't believe your sweet girl is almost one. Sending a hug your way Friend.
Post a Comment