Thursday, January 7, 2010

I nearly stopped blogging...

...OK, maybe not really...is that even a real phrase?

I guess I should thank Alli and Robin for encouraging me to continue doing whatever it is I am doing on this blog. It's not really a journal of my life, and it's not only my thoughts...it is what it is. And, guess what...I'm at a good place with the blogging world. YOU CAN BLOG ABOUT WHATEVER YOU DARN WELL WANT TO! I will withhold my judgement (for now--unless you decided to blog about Oprah—yep that one was for you lady)

It was a grand holiday season, but I’m almost ashamed to admit that I’m glad it is over. It was a busy one…good busy, as my devoted husband puts it. Santa treated all of us well…especially me with six 1 hour massages, one a month for six months. I must have been a very good girl. Or Santa just knew how badly I needed some relaxation. Either way, it was a sweet gift, and I feel spoiled.

I’ve been thinking lately about “what really matters.” We hear this phrase so often, maybe too often?? Well…regardless, I’m thinking about it. It’s funny how I spent my day, or at least part of it…I spoke to a friend about whether or not we will send our kids to private school, watched the workers install my new oven and micorwave (more details to come someday), dressing Eden in extremely adorable clothes (it’s like having a doll all over again) wasting time on facebook, eating a Lotaburger (so good), and doing a minimal amount of laundry and housework—oh yeah, and I changed two nasty diapers, from two different kids.

Eli has a birthday party to go to tomorrow. He has been asking me everyday if the party is tomorrow. Then he will ask, “Is it not the next day, or the next day, but the next day?” We had to run to target tonight to get a gift. He was so excited to go. And I mean excited. Although he was a little concerned that the people at Target might not like the fact that he was in is P.J.’s. I assured him it was O.K. We were walking out the door and then he exclaimed with so much honesty, “I AM SO HAPPY!”

OH…how the little things matter, those oh so little things. I wanted to be as happy as Eli about going to Target…and then, I was…I was oh so happy. I was able to be with just Eli…funny, crazy, silly Eli. He made me laugh for 35 minutes straight. It was by far the best part about my day. (Although my new oven and dressing Eden in ridiculous clothes was a close second)

1 comment:

Sharee Gariety said...

Kristine, I am appalled that you almost stopped blogging. I would be so sad if you did that. I don't know exactly what I do on my blog either, but whatever it is, it's kind of therapeutic. And that's primarily why I blog. Hopefully there might be some other good stuff that comes out of it, but for now, blog on, my friend. :)