Kristine+Tired=Emotional
Whenever I have days like those, I remember some wise advice given to me by a woman I completely admire. She has raised her children...and always tells me...enjoy those days, they are hard, but they are
THE BEST OF TIMES!
I've been spending a lot of time sitting in a chair nursing my sweet Eden lately. That means that I have also spent a lot of time staring out windows looking at the season change and thinking. Oh....if only my thoughts could instantly translate into the beautiful essays I've written in my head. The one about holding a small infant in my arms for hours every day. The one about my two year old who seems to need me the second I sit down. The one about how it really doesn't matter that my house is a mess and I have a pile of laundry to do, because I won't have a new baby forever. But the one I really want to have written is a letter I want to write to my 22 year old self...the year I became a mother. This has been my decade of having children. I've learned so much. There is so much I would like to share with that new mother...the 22 year-old Kristine. I think I will write a journal entry...a private one, but here are some things I think I will include:
they grow-up, really
don't worry about what other people will think about your parenting skills
take it easy...don't over do it
thank Heavenly Father every day for the children you have
take time to take your shoes off at the park and play with your kids
it's o.k. that you don't iron your husband's clothes
do something for yourself
don't feel guilty--just try a little harder every day
sometimes mom needs a time out too
let your kids get dirty, it's fun
don't compare your children to other children
it's fun to have ALL BOYS
it's also fun to have a GIRL
when you are on a cruise with just your husband, don't worry about the kids
make sure you hug your kids everyday
take a nap...especially if it will make you happy past 8pm
And the list will go on.
ONE MORE THOUGHT...I just had one of those "please pinch me" moments...do I really have a girl, and do I really get to put things like this on her?!? (Melodee, if you are reading this, I LOVE the gift!)

11 comments:
Kristine, you are inspirational. I can't believe you are surviving with 5 kids. Some days I think two are going to wipe me out! Enjoy your little girl:)
Thanks for the reminder of "little things". Loved your post! What a doll that little Eden is.
Kristine,
Eden is so beautiful. I love the flowers on her head. You might be tired and emotional, but you look lovely. I am so impressed by your strength. Thinking of you.
Amber
Whenever you write your book about mothering, joys and and trials...I'll be the first to buy it. Girls are stinkin fun aren't they? I love your list of things...especially that mom's need a time out, too, and my favorite, you don't have to iron your husband's clothes! :)
Thanks for sharing! You are keeping a great perspective--stuff I need to remember too! I love those darling hats with the big flowers on them!
You really are an inspiration! Taking the time to know what is real and true in our lives is so important. You are strong and beautiful! I am so glad you liked the girly gift :) I couldnt let you have a little girl without the most girly of gifts...A Tutu!
Kristine! So cute. Oh.. Eden is just so stinkin' cute! I want to come hold her!!! And.. you don't look tired! So.. it wears well on you, girl. You are a wonderful mother.. and I love reading your insights on the important things of life. It would be great to rewind 10 years and have another go at it.. but I am sure we will say that in another 10 years too.
I love you so much! Thanks for brightening my day!
I love your parenting ideas. Someday when you compose that letter to your 22-year-old self, please send me a copy. I can't wait for the helpful tips. PS--the hat's adorable!
I know I said this before, but Eden is so cute!!!! I'm so happy for you.
What a cute little girl! She's so tiny!...and not beaten up too much by her brothers, so that's good! :)
Kristine, you have the cutest family. It is always hard when your little one is not feeling well...but I love to cherish those moments - because I know that all they want is their mommy --- and having that alone brings comfort. Reminds me of our heavenly father... all he wants is for his children to return to him...and when we reach out / up to him we receive comfort to help us get through the ickies!
Post a Comment