Thursday, January 29, 2009
Being Real
One of the things I notice about women, or maybe just everyone, is that sometimes it is hard for us to be "REAL". I think the blogging world is great, but it seems that we try to put the picture perfect image into our lives and our blogs, when really, things are NOT always picture perfect. I certainly don't mean for everyone to be pessimistic, I just want to be REAL. I love being optimistic. I also appreciate it when someone can just say, "Sometimes, life is HARD" or "Today, I wasn't 100% wonderful". I recently read a blog that I absolutely loved. I connected to it at some level and was so pleased that the author was honest. Her post is here. I wonder sometimes that when we aren't willing to be honest with each other, then somehow we make assumptions that others don't ever feel the same way as us. Or, that somehow we ourselves are failures. I try really hard to not be too hard on myself. So, I didn't get the laundry done today and I really don't like ironing clothes. I sometimes loose my temper with my kiddos and don't comb their hair everyday. This doesn't mean I don't want to be better...of course I do, but man, sometimes I'm just getting by. And that is O.K.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hey Kristine! This was a grat post. I feel that way so much! And you have been one of the women and mothers I have looked up to since I met you. You are so full of energy and love and life and I admire that so much! You are a wonderful mother and wife. I easily make myself feel less than in the presence of greatness, so for you to say that even you have "those" days made me feel somewhat not like a failure. I hope you know that you are amazing and I truly look up to you! Thank you for being Real and True!
Ditto what Melodee said! Love you and miss you guys, tons! When is baby girl arriving? How exciting!!!!
You sometimes don't brush your hair? Well, that sure explains things!
Yeah, I'm with you in that most women are untruthful about their feelings when asked. I have a hard time with people who are ALWAYS happy or ALWAYS mad/sad (although probably more with the fake nice/happy ones). Just keep it real, people. You don't need to go sharing your woes with everyone but we all have hard times and it helps when others are aware.
P.S. You keep it real more than almost any girl I know!
I agree-Great post! I think that I can always work on being "more real". It's hard though when not everyone appreciates "realness"....
For instance, people look at me like I'm a mean mom when I tell them Corbin isn't a great baby... well, he isn't- that doesn't mean I love him less right?! Sorry, just a little vent....
Anyway- thanks for the reminder!
Hey Kristine! I don't think you are a psycho blog stalker. :) I love finding other bloggers because I love gleaning ideas from other people--fun family activities, recipes, thoughts on life, current issues, being a mom, and also hearing that other women besides me are sometimes barely keeping their heads above water. I guess I should admit it more often! By the way, you look very darling! Good luck with the last few weeks!
Have we had this conversation before? I think that is one of my biggest pet peeves about blogs... I like them fine.. but it can be so "unrealistic".
BJ did a whole conference on Facebook, and blogs.... about how the psychology of blogs are huge. He said that Blogs are an ego trip in a sense.. and people are craving to be appreciated, and admired... and this is a way that they find that self-esteem boost. It really is interesting... and we should talk about it.. among the myriad of other things to talk about !
btw, BJ was names Forbes #1 technological guru for 2008. Crazy huh! It was in the December issue.. they names the top 10... and he was #1! There was a picture of him, and a little article. Very cool. He also started a new site for Facebook... www.facebookforparents.org
Okay.. we will talk later. Love you. Hang in there.
B.
Post a Comment