Friday, July 25, 2008

Snails and hearing voices

There is much to blog about, but this will have to do.  

Today the boys collected over 30 snails in our backyard.  They made them a nice home and spent a good part of the day researching about snails online.  Gabe had typed into goolge:  how to compare a boy snail to a girl snail.  It's crazy how accessible knowledge is these days.

And, I over heard a conversation that went something like this:

G:  I like snails.
E:  Yeah, snails are really nice, I'm not scared of them.
G:  Snails aren't scary. (then a pause)  Except one time, I heard them talk.

Gabe is one hilarious kid.  I would love to spend one day in his head.  I had a funny flashback today of when Gabe was about three and still taking naps.  He would wake up from  nap and make animals sounds instead just yelling for me.  So, I would be down in the kitchen and all of the sudden I would hear "Caw, Caw" or "Moo, Moo".  He is definitely one of a  kind.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Gabe is so fun to have in Sunday school, too. You can tell he's creative. I like creative. :)

Becky said...

KRISTINE! Okay... so it has been way too long since I have talked to you.. and I was sitting here at the computer, thinking about you... so I thought I would look you up! I love you, and I love reading about you and your cute family. I wish I could have bought some cherries. I will call soon. There is a lot to talk about! xoxoxo