For me, it feels very good to set out a bag of old clothes for Good Will to pick-up, but I will also hang on to my Grandma's Jewelry for as long as I can--I can't let it go.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Throw it Away, or Keep it??
Last night at book club we discussed Miriam's Kitchen, a great book, that made us question the value of keeping sentimental items. For example, I have my Grandma's old jewelry, which I only look at when I'm cleaning out my jewelry box. It does evoke strong, good memories of my Grandma. Do you have items like this, or do you tend to throw out a lot of "stuff"? Do you have an opinion about hanging on to old stuff....or do you despise clutter?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I still regret throwing away some old Legos from when I was a kid. I'm probably one to hang onto stuff too long as evidenced by a couple shirts from HIGH SCHOOL still hanging in my closet. Sorry to miss out on book club, I really thought I'd make it this time. Next month for sure (and sorry to dominate your commenting for the moment, I promise to cease immediately).
I'm with you, hang on to the sentimental stuff. You never know when you will just need that tangible memory to help you through a tough day. I had my shoes that I wore through my whole mission. Kept them and kept them. Of course they don't fit anymore, because something weird happens to your feet when you have kids, anyway...I just thought I would always want them. Well, trying to simplify, I brought myself to throw them out. I was just asked to do a primary activity about missionary life, and what I would've given to have those shoes back.
Post a Comment