Sunday, July 12, 2009

I want to live in the country....

or at least have a bit more land.

My sister lives in Littleton, CO on 2-acres of land. I love going there because I feel like I'm in the country, with lots of space for the kids to play and tons of room to garden and build chicken coops and barns. I feel sort of Little House on the Prairie-ish and love seeing my kids collect grasshoppers and crickets. The funny thing is, they don't live in the country...civilization is just blocks away. I COVET THEIR LAND. Call me wicked, I don't care. I really do dream about having an acre of land to plant an orchard, a bigger garden and possibly a massive tree house. Here are some photos of their land:





3 comments:

Amy said...

take it from someone on 150 acres... it's all fun and games as long as you have a riding lawn mower... and did you know that chickens need to be hung upside down and dusted every six months? Don't get me wrong, I love living in the country and my kids love it too, but there are days when I just want a neighborhood with sidewalks for the kids to ride bikes on:)

McEntire Family said...

Don't feel wicked - I covet my parent's land everytime I am there! We need more space!

Karen Mills said...

I would love to have some land. I dream of having a farm. Here in San Diego, I feel lucky that we have a yard (as small as it it) and we make the most of it. As far as what Amy said- my dad has some chickens and I don't know if he knows he needs to dust his chickens. Sounds like something my son would love to help him with as soon as we visit them :)