Thursday, May 8, 2008

Southern California

Here we come SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!

So....here is a way overdue post.

In middle of April, my mom came to ABQ to stay with E and S, so that D and I could take N and G on a trip to Legoland, Seaworld & LA.  And when I say that mom came to visit I mean:  she not only watched two little children for 4 days, but she sewed 11 backpacks for girls camp, mended Derek's pants that he has been saving for months, helped with YW banner, cleaned my house, washed and folded laundry, cooked dinner, threw out her back, and caught the flu (amongst many other things). So...kudos to her.  Also kudos to Grandma L for playing with Eli.

So here are some of the highlights of our trip:
Our trip began with our GPS system named "Betty" taking us to the closest In & Out Burger to the airport.  YUM--need I say more.


Right after walking into Legoland there is life-size lego Darth Vader.  Now come on, does it get any better than that.  (OK...maybe it does, especially if there was a life-size lego Brad Pitt, but for 7 and 9 year old boys....it's the best!)

On my birthday, May 22, the new Indian Jones movie comes out.  Derek is seeing it at midnight, and Crazy Pants is flying down from SLC to join him.


Does it really get any better than seeing the sights of the world built one lego at a time.  AMAZING!


By far, this was the funniest part of Legoland.  The kids get to drive these mini cars around a small driving course with stop lights, stop signs, and driving on the the right side of the road. The funny part is watching all of the parents biting their nails as their kids run into each other,drive on the left side of the road, disobey all traffic rules and earn their "Legoland Driver's License".



One of my favorite things about G is that he makes funny facial expressions.  What a goof.



Feeding the Sting Rays was a huge highlight of SeaWorld...it felt strange...not something that humans should really be doing.



After watching the Shamu spectacular entitled BELIEVE, I truly believe.



Of course, a really wonderful part of the weekend was visiting with old friends up in LA.  We went to Diddy Reese, our favorite dessert in Westwood, and had dinner with the Gibsons and Eastlands.  Also, we allowed G to crawl down a manhole to rescue a lost toy.  Zach Eastland jumped out of his car to watch. It was so fun to drive through our old hood.  And, we laughed and had an excellent time with good ol' friends.  However, I think Shannon will never forgive me for mopping her floor.


2 comments:

Sheila said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Isn't Lego land the coolest? We took the kids there before we moved to Japan and they just loved it. Did you go in the room where you can build and race cars? I couldn't drag David and his older brother out of there, they had a blast, too.

Kristie Lee said...

Hi Kristine! I found your blog through that Bear Canyon Good Eats page... I had to comment on this post because I am from Carlsbad really close to Legoland! Looks like you had fun there! I hope your family is doing well!