Friday, March 28, 2008

It's about time.....

I've finally done it!! Created a blog.  I have so many opinions, one of which is what my blog will include.   As I will be posting pictures of my children occasionally, don't expect them all of the time.  My blog will not always be a "mommy blog"   Really, I adore them, but this is my blog about my thoughts which at times will include those I love the most.  It will also include random thoughts, items up for discussion and anything else I feel the need to write.  

For future reference, I will refer to my darling family as D=Derek (my man), N=Noah, G=Gabe, E=Eli and S=Soren.  (Claire...I learned this from your blog)  E was going to stand for Eliza, and S was going to stand for Sophia, but I'm very grateful to be the mother of four boys.  Being the girly-girl that I am, I never thought this would happen, but it did and I couldn't imagine my life without them.  

For months now, my friends have been encouraging me to start a blog.  To be completely honest, I'm not even sure if anyone will read this.  IS ANYONE READING THIS?  

I will now try to add a picture of something...maybe the Easter Eggs we made last 
week...Star Wars of course.  We'll see if this works.  










So remember the way our parents handled VCR's and microwaves.  I'm turning into my parents. I will not let this happen.  I must  impress my children with some internet savvy.  Yes, I did it.  A picture. OK, now that I have added my picture, I think I'm suppose to talk about it.  

We had so much fun decorating eggs, and when I say we, I mean D and I had fun.  The kids did as well, but really, we were so into it.  It's one of those traditions that I remember well.  My dad use to put oil into our dye to make speckled eggs.  It seems that my mom would make 50-60 eggs.  That way, we each had plenty to decorate.  We would also take the eggs up to mountains and do egg rolls where we would find a hill and literally roll the egg down. Then we would find it, take off the shell and eat the egg.  We even brought salt and pepper along.  Mmmmm...what a treat.
 




Take a look at some of our finest decorating.







I hope my children will look back on this tradition as fondly as I do.  

Well, for my first blog post ever, it hasn't been too bad.

Happy Blogging to me!!! 



3 comments:

Sheila said...

Very wonderful first blog! I loved it! I think you'll be great. I love to hear updates about family and friends who we love and have touched our lives. I will be back often to "visit"! Our blog is www.wardbeehive.blogspot.com

Claire said...

Kristine! Love it! The Star Wars eggs are awesome and congrats on your successful first-picture posting. I look forward to many more insightful and interesting posts and keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Kristine,

I love the blog! I think you already have as many posts as our blog that we started three months ago. Maybe you'll be the motivation we need.

The eggs are beautiful as are your musings.

Thanks!